Connect with us

News

Three die of COVID-19 in Borno

Published

on

COVID-19: Borno Govt orders total lockdown, shuts borders

Borno State Government has announced the death of three COVID-19 patients in the State.

The State’s Commissioner for Health, Dr Salisu Kwaya-Bura made this known on Wednesday in Maiduguri while presenting an update on the pandemic.

Buta said nine deaths had so far been recorded out of the confirmed 53 COVID-19 cases in the State

He explained that all the victims already had some health challenges before getting infected with COVID-19.
He said that the 53 patients were from Pulka, Maiduguri, Dikwa and Biu towns.

Kwaya-Bura also said the committee had resolved to increase contact tracing and surveillance, particularly in areas worst affected by the disease.

“Mairi and Maisandari areas in Maiduguri are some of the critical wards whose residents need to sit up to check the spread of COVID-19.

”We would soon commence the distribution of free facemasks to encourage its usage towards preventing the spread of coronavirus in the State,” NAN quoted him as saying.

READ  COVID-19: 101 prison inmates set free in Kwara

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement

Copyright © 2020 Green News