The Oyo State government said it had discharged another Coronavirus patient.
This brings the total number of discharged cases in the state to seven (7).
The State Governor, Mr. Seyi Makinde announced this via his verified Twitter account on Thursday.
Makinde confirmed that the state recorded two confirmed cases on Thursday.
As of now, Oyo state has thirteen cases of confirmed Coronavirus. Out of these, seven had been discharged, one has been transferred to Lagos while the state has only five (5) active cases.
Makinde said, “One confirmed COVID-19 patient was discharged after receiving their second negative test result. This brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to seven.
“As reported earlier, one case was transferred to Lagos. So, there are currently three active cases in the state.
“The COVID-19 confirmation test for two suspected cases came back positive tonight. This brings the number of active cases in Oyo State to five.
“We invite the following categories of people who have not already done so, to register with the Emergency Operations Centre on 08095394000 / 08095863000 / 08078288999 / 08078288800, for the ongoing drive through/walk through testing at Adamasingba Stadium: People who believe they could have come into contact with a COVID-19 case in Oyo State.
“People who returned to Nigeria from abroad within the last one month and their contacts. People with respiratory symptoms and healthcare workers who have been in contact with the high-risk groups, above.
“Please, keep following the directives of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force. Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, regularly. Also, continue to maintain social distancing”.