A former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday evening said his team would continue their consultation with critical stakeholders in the Malian crisis.
He also said his meetings with the M5 coalition, the Presidential Majority group and other leaders were fruitful.
Jonathan disclosed this in a tweet via his official Twitter page on Thursday.
He said: “Today, my team continued with our consultation with key stakeholders in the Malian crisis.
“My meetings with the M5 coalition, the Presidential Majority group and other leaders were fruitful.
“We will continue to sue for peace until the crisis is resolved. I am hopeful that our mission will yield sustainable peace in Mali and strengthen the place of democracy in our sub-region.”
DAILY POST had earlier reported that Jonathan arrived in Bamako, Mali’s capital on Wednesday night.
He was appointed by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) as a special envoy to lead the sub-regional body’s mediation mission in Mali on Tuesday.
Jonathan is expected to facilitate dialogue with all principal stakeholders in the West African country, including President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, religious organisations, civil society and opposition leaders, towards resolving the worsening socio-political situation in Mali.
Mali has been hit by protests, sparked by the outcome of parliamentary elections in March and April.