Connect with us

News

BREAKING: Benue govt repatriates 58 suspected trafficked persons, insists COVID-19 lockdown still in place

Published

on

BREAKING: Benue govt repatriates 58 suspected trafficked persons, insists COVID-19 lockdown still in place

The Benue State Action Committee on COVID-19 on Thursday, repatriated 58 persons suspected to have been trafficked into Makurdi, the state capital, back to their respective states.

Deputy Governor and Chairman of the Benue COVID-19 Action Committee, Engr. Benson Abounu, led a task force to repatriate the youths from the state in the early hours of Thursday.

Speaking, Abounu disclosed that the youths were brought to the state in violation of the lockdown rules and had to be returned to their homes.

The Deputy Governor revealed that the Committee provided the means of transportation, as well as security and documentation to facilitate safe passage on the highways for the affected young persons.

Abounu stressed that the lockdown in Benue State remains in force, and that anyone found violating it will face appropriate sanctions.

He maintained that all measures necessary to keep the state free of Coronavirus would be implemented with due diligence, stressing that all destitute persons from other states found in Benue State would be returned to their homes.

READ  Court orders AGF Malami to release suspected notorious criminal, Edem to Ghana

The Deputy governor called on the people to close ranks and support the administration of Governor Samuel Ortom whom he said has given tremendous support to the Committee to enable it win the war against COVID-19.

Face masks were also handed to the said youths after they had been given orientation on safety tips necessary for them to avoid contracting and spreading the virus.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement

Copyright © 2020 Green News