I’ll admit it: I haven’t always been the most productive person. There was a time in my life where bad habits took precedence in my life, and though I thought I was accomplishing a lot, it was actually more like one step forward, two steps backwards. Though I was still doing well and achieving my goals, I didn’t realize that I wasn’t working to my full potential.
Try out this smart habits and be sure to see productive results
- Focus on one thing at a time: overthinking is not creative, the mind continuously works what you think about, so preferably focus your mind on one thing and receive a desirable result.
- Eliminate distractions: Distractions like phone, gossip friends etc, work more on productive ideas.
- Anticipate future failures: Incredibly productive people consider what their future self is going to need, and prepare in advance for that success. Thinking a few hours – even days — ahead will make your future self less stressed and way more productive when you don’t have to waste time finding, fixing and doing things at the moment you need them.
- Balance home and work: make out time for family, friends and whether you like what you do at work, try doing what you know best and secure a better future by balancing the equation between office work or business work with home.
- Avoid meetings at all costs: Always have an agenda because Most meetings have no clear objectives and are huge time wasters. Oftentimes, invited attendees aren’t needed and all of the information could be given in a few emails or a memo.
- Say “yes” sparingly: Incredibly productive people know two things. One, time is at a premium. Two, discretion is the better part of valor, meaning if you’re going to boldly strike forward, choosing your path with care is incredibly important. Don’t say “yes” out of fear that nothing else will come along, and say “no” often.
- Think before Action: Majority people talk gibberish when they just want to be noticed, not mainly to make an impact, but looking at most successful people, they read books a lot and think before talking.